Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Make Money Blogging: How this Blog Generated 2,409 Page Views Yesterday



Yep I hit the Ole 2-0, or 2000 page view mark, yesterday. Magic was not a part of the equation ;) To make money blogging you need page views, because generating more views:


  • lends you serious social proof
  • improves your writing skills; you want to write better if writing for a larger audience
  • grows your list quickly
  • helps you generate serious ad revenue, as well as attracting potential clients and team members

As you can see I use a clear, easy to digest design and soup it up with vacation images. People want the dream. People love the dream. Sell it!

How exactly did I generate 2,409 page views yesterday?

I Posted Frequently

I posted many times yesterday. I will not share the exact number because I wish not to hear excuses, or how you could never do that ;)

Just know that to make money blogging post many times daily. 5, or 8, or 10, or more.

Make most posts video-based. This way you can create and post content in a 10 to 12 minute span, multiple times daily.

I Link Up All Over the Place

The 2,209 views did not arrive through the posts I wrote yesterday, or in the last week, even. Some people viewed posts from months ago.

This is the chief benefit of linking up to: related posts, recent posts, and to newer or older posts within the blog post itself.

Linking helps you generate search engine juice.  Good deal, because I also generate more traffic through search engines these days; added boost.

I Posted Frequently for Weeks

Posting 10 times today - if I have posted once day for weeks - will result in a decent spike in traffic. People are still sharing my one-a-day old posts.

If you really want to make money blogging post frequently for 2, 3 or 4 weeks....watch how the surge of traffic flows in quickly, and grows daily.

I know this takes serious effort; this is why most people get 500, or maybe a few more views daily. But to see tremendous results put in tremendous effort.

I Joined Tribes

I cannot stress the importance of joining tribes. If I get 200 retweets today I reach 200 new audiences. Must I expand? Did not think so lol!

Well, there are 4 tips: post frequently and join tribes to boost your page views and remember to link up to drive traffic through newer or related posts.

How do you drive traffic to your blog?

What tips can you add to this list?

Please Tweet this Post!

Would you like to write a guest post for this blog?

Please click the following link to learn more.