Monday, May 20, 2013

1 Reason Why Online Business People Hate You

I see something funny in the online business realm. Talented, driven entrepreneurs make a mistake. A big mistake. Because they make this mistake folks hate them. Seriously, they outright hate the individuals, which of course is bad for business, unless you want to attract a-holes to your team. Some people do build money making ventures with this approach but attract a host of negative people and situations to them, fighting their way through the day. Hey, to each their own. I just prefer not to attract legions of people who despise me. You cannot control what people think of you but you can be a nice guy or gal and attract a ton of nice folks, and attract a minimal amount of unhappy people.

Stop Being a Jerk

Some marketers adopt an "in your face" marketing style, being a direct, nasty jerk, calling you out, making fun of you, embarrassing you, challenging you, making fun of your poor results, laughing at your failure. I just read one such tame Facebook status update a few minutes ago. The guy was far from a jerk but it made me think about some of the more aggressive approaches out there in the online business world. The foolish thing about this strategy is you make your life harder, more miserable and more stressful, because you attract jerks, or angry people, or unhappy people, in droves. Yes you attract some high energy folks too but these individuals will be scant because where your attention and energy goes, grows.

I Remember...

..one particularly wealthy guy in my niche - ok, he made a lot of money but I would not call him wealthy - who attracted all types of fights and nasty people because he used a brash, in your face, caustic and nasty approach to marketing. He made a lot of money along with a ton of enemies. Many people hated him and for good reason; he hated many people, as evidenced by the way he belittled individuals, made fun of them and fought with them. I even spoke to this guy's "mentor" over the phone, and since I actually have some control over my mind, I left this fool flustered, angry and screaming at me, trying to pick a fight. 2 peas in a pod, I suppose, and since I am happy and nice, this guy, with some 30 years experience online, was left attempting to bait me into a fight, acting like a little, hurt 4 year old lol.....because he was so used to people either cowering to his bullying or hating him, fighting him tooth and claw.

Summary

Be nice. People will rarely hate you if you are nice, and the people who do have severe mental problems that have nothing to do with you. If you can be nice you will open an infinite number of doors for yourself. This business is all about creating value and making friends. Lose the nasty, in your face and belittling marketing approach and show love for your fellow entrepreneurs, and you will be amazed at how quickly your fortunes turn. Ryan Biddulph travels the world and helps you grow your online business. - Image http://www.flickr.com/photos/-marlith-/