Friday, May 31, 2013

Do You Fight Online Business Change or Embrace it?

I laugh now. I am changing and fighting a bit. Haha. Yeah, me ;) I grow my online business from a place of flow, of flux, but I am not immune to fighting change.

I am learning the ins and outs of an intensive SEO approach to blogging which is great; unfortunately it put me back 45 minutes in my day, which is light years. This exposes my attachments which is a great thing and also super uncomfortable.

I watch my agitation arise, and fall. I mean I am so used to setting all the rules on my blogs, this is a bit uncomfortable for me, but it is what it is. LOL. I watch my opinions, my emotions, my convictions, do some re-edits of my mind, and emails, and laugh at change as I embrace these ideas with greater ease.

The thing is, I do not always embrace change so the key is these moments is to honor my feelings, eventually hug the feelings and I need to let go the feelings, at least if I wish to prosper online.

Be Honest

I was a slight bit agitated this morning. I admit it. Once I admitted my feelings from an honest space I let go the feelings and raised my vibe. In the past I resisted certain changes for years. Example; I developed my online business writing skills to the point where I could charge for my writing.

I could have offered my ghostwriting services many years ago. I resisted this change because I carried fears around being criticized for offering my services, to money issues, to all types of low energy blocks I needed to address before I could prosper.

I could have charged for my ghost writing services 3 years ago. My writing skills were so adept that I could have prospered through this approach but I refused to honestly assess why I did not open this income stream. I resisted the fears; the fears grew. I would rather force my income through 1 set, struggling channel than embrace change when change came knocking on my door.

Online Business Comfort

I know how feeling uncomfortable sucks at times. I have been there but I also know that you grow and prosper by embracing the feelings and doing it anyway.

This means doing whatever it takes to become successful with your online venture, even if it means staying up late, waking early, working until your fingers and neck hurt from typing, or simply engaging in uncomfortable acts, like being rejected after submitting guest posts to 50 bloggers, or the list can go on and on.

Embrace the feelings. Your mind will race. You will fight your better judgment. You will struggle. But in the end you will grow so quickly by embracing change and leaving your comfort zone that you will never wish to retreat to what feels comfy and safe again.

Summary

Embrace online business change.

 Ryan Biddulph travels the world and helps you grow your online business.