Monday, May 13, 2013

Are You Terrified to Go Here?

>

If you are terrified to go here you are doomed. You will never grow your online business. Just yesterday I decided to willingly go here, and it was not about business. Oh no, this was a social engagement. The old me would have gladly skipped the gig but I forced myself to go; all about doing uncomfortable stuff, especially since I just spent 2 weeks wandering around Peru, by myself, speaking a different language in most corners, and wondering why the hell I refused to stay home, at times. Yeah, I am not immune from wanting to stay comfy and cozy at times. Hey, sue me? I am human. You think this stuff comes easy to me lol! Nope, I need to go to this place.

Your Uncomfortable Zone

Yes, you are likely terrified to go here. I am. You see, I still have bouts of social anxiety - yeah, me, believe it or not - which arise when I meet new people, so going to such a social engagement yesterday helped me to embrace this anxiety once again. I know, I know, this does not seem like a big deal but to me, it was. The cool part is that this venturing into uncomfortable areas stuff helps me to apply the same mindset to my online business life. Yep, I actually grow as an entrepreneur by simply blasting through comfort zones domestically, personally, professionally, wherever. You cannot avoid uncomfortable areas and be successful online. I tried that. Trust me, it does not work. You are all but doomed if you try to find a way around attacking your uncomfortable zone, if you try to weasel your way out of situations.

All Your Dreams...

...lie outside of your comfort zone. Bali is separated from New York by a 23 hour plane ride - total - so yeah, you better believe the experience was uncomfortable, but hey, I was determined to live my dreams so I embraced the uncomfortable stuff like traveling, jet lag, language barrier, and occasional sickness to live my dreams. This is the deal guys; you may even be terrified to go outside of your comfort zone - like me last night, or well, before last night - but if you can simply move forward despite the fear you will be the 1%, or less, who lives their dream life. You will be the guy or gal who people are wondering, how the heck they did it, and meanwhile, it was no secret, you just did uncomfortable stuff each hour of each day.

Practice

After receiving my invitation yesterday I said, No, first, then I changed my mind a few hours later because I needed uncomfortable practice, and hell yeah I knew this. I knew I could not miss the get together, because if I copped out, I knew the reason why I skipped the hang out. So once I knew this, I said Yes, because I needed practice in the area of traveling to and through scary, uncomfortable areas. Guys, if you avoid these uncomfortable regions they will follow you around like a puppy dog, you will feel miserable for being a coward and you will never grow. Ryan Biddulph travels the world and helps you grow your online business. - Image http://www.flickr.com/photos/uaeincredible/