Thursday, June 6, 2013

2 Tips to Guard Your Time


I returned from this beach a few hours ago. After lunch I am getting down to writing again. 3 posts down and at least 3 more to go.

I love my job and I love my life because I guard my time. I am ruthless with my time, really, because I do not like failing.

I like succeeding. I like prospering. Like making money online while traveling the world.

Since I dig these things I need to spend time wisely.

Release Negative People

Negative people - or even OK folks who are having some serious issues - are beyond your ability to heal.

You are a leader not a savior. So release uber negative people from your life to safe your time. Low energy folks are a time and energy drain. Let them go.

If somebody is having a bad day or few hours, simply let them be. You can listen for a little bit but wasting your time beyond these few minutes is all your fault.

These folks can clear their mind by chatting a little and spending a ton of time in silence.

Time Interactions

I spend no more than 5 minutes interacting with each person daily. Each work interaction, of course, and all of my offline meetings rarely exceed 30 to 60 minutes.

Why?

I spend my time wisely. I guard my time to move into effective action. I live all around the world while working a busy schedule.

If it takes you more than 5 minutes to handle business with any 1 person you are wasting time on, "Hey, how are you Ryan? Good how are you John? Great, how is the fam? And all this bullshit...."

How I answer the phone "John, I am in between something right now. I have 5 minutes. How can I help you?"

Works like magic.

So do you guard your time?

How?

How can you better handle your time?

What tips can you add to this list?