Wednesday, June 5, 2013

How to Land Paid Guest Posting Jobs


I work a few paid guest posting jobs. The blogger's Holy Grail - getting paid to share your insight - is not an impossible Herculean task. 

As I was chilling on Manuel Antonio Beach in Costa Rica - see picture above - I remembered someone who I read about many years ago.

He published over 300 guest posts in a single year, many of them unpaid, and eventually became a consultant.

I wanted that guy's life. I wanted to be a consultant or to get paid for writing guest posts.

Well now I am at that point and I wanted to share tips with you so you too can prosper through blogging.

Write Like Mad

If you practice a specific skill you will become so good at the skill, so adept, that people will seek you out and pay you to perform that skill.

This applies to any job, any niche, any market. Professionals practice, get paid.

You need not be a ridiculously talented writer, or a grammar buff, either. Just good at writing posts, and people will pay you to write posts.



Aggressively Promote Your Services

By writing of course, and by writing a serious amount of free guest posts too. I wrote 1 guest post daily for 2 to 3 weeks a little while back.

If I had to guess I would say that I wrote over 50 free guest posts.

Get to Know Bloggers

Comment on blogs. Promote bloggers. Become friends. Get your offers.

It is easy to get paid post gigs after you put in your work. After you write persistently and make a ton of friends.

Treat working online like working in an office, except you show up 6 to 7 days each week, and work 8 to 12 hours each day, for many months.

Put in the time and you will land paid guest posting opportunities.

Do you write paid guest posting opportunities?

Why not?

What tips can you add to this list?